Monday, August 27, 2012

Detox Inspired - My 30 Day Challenge

Last week I took a Detox Workshop with Elaine Brisebois at Lifewise Health and Wellness.
It was an hour and a half class and I took so many notes and learned so much about detoxing your body. Loved it!

It was even better than I thought because it was about detoxing as a lifestyle. I'm all about the lifestyle. If I make a change in my life, it has to be worthy of a lifestyle change. So I was pleasantly surprised when we didn't learn how to do a bi-monthly 4 day juice cleanse, but instead how we can be eating and living in a way that constantly helps our body to get rid of the toxins that build up from the foods we eat and the environment we live in.

I've made myself a 30 day challenge (I'm on day 2).

For the next 30 days I'm going to:

1. Drink a glass of lemon water every morning.
2. 
Do a 30 minute workout every morning. 
3. Drink a green smoothie for breakfast every morning.

Not so bad right? I can do it. And I think this will really make a difference in how I look and feel. What's great about making myself do this 30 days straight is that once my 30 days are up (September 24?) I'm almost positive this is something I will be able to consistently do. It only takes me waking up 30 minutes earlier each morning. I must do this. I can do this.

So what exactly will I be doing?

1. Wake up, get out of bed and immediately fill a tall glass with water and squeeze half a lemon in it.
2. Put on my 27 minute workout video. I've chosen to do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. (Until I get the real one, I found this link on youtube!)
3. Down a green smoothie. This is the recipe I'm using:


2 handfuls of spinach, 1 stalk of celery, 1 pear, 1/2 english cucumber, 1 tsp green matcha, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 cup of water.


Throw it in a blender (spinach first, not like this pic) and blend it on high until smooth.

I fill up a tall glass and drink it for breakfast and then drink the rest of it for "brunch" about 2 hours later.

There's so much to write about why green smoothies and lemon water are great for detoxing - but I will leave that for your own research and the professionals (like Elaine) to tell you about. Just know that your body likes veggies and being at a more alkaline state than acidic.

Looking forward to talking this four week course with Elaine coming up this Fall as well. So much to learn and implement, can't wait.

Here I go!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great, Beka! I'm a lemon water fan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you Kelly? Thanks so much for the hookup to Elaine!
    Loving the lemon water and green smoothie combo...I feel so...clean!

    ReplyDelete